Saturday, October 29, 2011

Some more new freebies...

Clover and Violet are starting a new Stitch and Quilt-along on their blog.  If you followed along with their 101 Embroidery Sew-along, you know what cute projects they come up with.  This time it's called the Ruby market tote.   The market tote is going to be about the size of a smaller shopping bag, and will be a quilty bag. Their bags are unique because each one has a patchwork outer and is finished with a binding, just like a quilt, plus it has a special embroidery piece for the outside of the bag as well. So make sure you hop on over to their site and check it out.


Bronwyn Hayes at Red Brolly has a gorgeous Christmas Sampler she is offering as part of 3 free Christmas

projects to get us going on our Christmas gifts.   Isn't it pretty?   She also has a tutorial on making felt flowers that would make beautiful Christmas pins to give as gifts, if you make them in Christmas colors. 

And Rana at Pieces of My Life is offering a new Autumn's Bounty BOM that should be fun.  The first 2 blocks are up now.  Block one is a darling pumpkin, with block two a strip block.  So head over and get going on those blocks before you get behind!


Guess what??  My quilty friends have been sewing their little hearts out lately and I have more pictures to show you of all their projects.  These are from our last quilt club meeting at Joan's house.

Bonnie's Gingerbread TR #1

Bonnie's Pumkin and Leaves TR

Diane's newest purse

Bonnie's Pumpkin TR

Donna's Lighthouse WH

Bonnie's Gingerbread TR #2

Bonnie's Pumpkin Wagon TR

Bonnie's Snowmen


Jane's PP'd Christmas Tree WH

Aren't I lucky to get to sew with these talented women?  They are so inspiring and do such beautiful work.  It almost makes me want to finish something of my own, instead of just starting things, lol. 

But I do finish some things--my Quilted Table Yahoo Group had a Fall/Halloween Topper Swap and Mary in Canada and I had each other in the swap and had to send out the fabrics we wanted used in the swap.  I send Mary a group of gold metallic Fall colored FQ's and this is the beautiful reversible table topper she made me.  And it looks so pretty on the table I keep my two antique sewing machines on.  It's perfect for that spot.

Thanks, Mary!   I love it! 

Mary sent me all Oriental fabrics for her Halloween tablerunner, so it took me a while to come up with a design, but I finally decided on blocks from the FabricShopHop Halloween quilt.  I was going to do a variety of those blocks, but unfortunately I found a number of mistakes in the cutting directions so I gave up after 2 blocks. (I'm not 100% sure if they were all my errors or theirs, but  I gave up in frustration!)  I decided to use another block from Marcia Hohn's Quilter's Cache and put the black cat Halloween block between two of her blocks.  So this was the result. Then I made a little candle mat from the witch's hat block I had made.  That turned out pretty good.  Mary said she like them, so that makes me happy.

So until next time...
Happy quilting from Sharon and Katie and Patsy Cline

 




























1 comment:

Calicojoan said...

There you go again, enticing me with more projects!!! Where do you find all these fun things?? Better yet, where do you find the time for all these fun things!! Of course I have to play too...

I love your table runner and what a stroke of genius in using orientals for Halloween. Now that was a challenge! :-)