Friday, April 30, 2010

More Show and Tell

Every Wednesday at Quilt Club someone has something wonderful to show. Last week it was Bonnie with a new purse made with that new "crinkle" stuff. Plus, Joan had the borders on her 2009 LQS BOM quilt and it was all quilted - beautiful! I finally had the seashore baby quilt finished for my friend, Sharon C's first grandbaby. I made it from the Happy Block Swap last year on the Quilting Sisters Yahoo Group. Jane quilted it with lighthouses, sand pails and shovels, starfish, and seashells. The quilting is gorgeous and really makes the quilt. Too bad you can't see the quilting. Some of us also joined the new Quilting Football League spreading nationally at independant quilt shops (click my sidebar logo for more info), so I had to make the travel folder to hold all my QFL paperwork. We joined O'Susannah's Race Team (what else, with Watkins Glen Internatinal Raceway just up the road, lol), so I made mine in our team colors: lime green and purple!

This week we didn't have as much to show. Jane had this fab tabletopper made from leftover scraps, and Donna had another border on her wonderful house quilt. She does the most gorgeous hand and machine applique I've ever seen. Isn't this fantastic? Click on the picture for a bigger view.

I had to include a picture of our mascot-Joan's rescue kitty. She loves to sleep on our projects (or in our chairs if she can get there first, lol). She tried to snuggle up under Joan's BOM quilt--isn't she cute?

I finished up my giraffe blocks for a Quilty Auntie baby quilt over on the Quilt and Needle Forum and did my Civil War blocks for Block Central's June Fav Block Swap. The colors didn't come out right on the CW block-must be too much light on the block.

Don't forget Mother's Day is coming up soon. The Gum Tree Designers have been posting some lovely needlework projects to make up for mom. Stop and visit their blog--you'll find at least one project you have to do.

Until next time....
Happy Quilting from Sharon and Katie

No comments: