Sunday, September 15, 2013

A new Quilt-Along is starting....

over at Christa Quilts.  This one is number 7 and is a modern Christmas tree quilt.  Her quilt will finish approximately 30″ x 40″ – perfect for hanging on the wall or draping over a couch or chair. The finished size of each block will be 6″ x 8″. You can make a larger quilt with more blocks, or by adding sashing or borders.  Click on the icon on my sidebar and you'll find her schedule and fabric requirements.  I love her first quilt diagram.  Might have to do this one-another to add to my UFO list if I don't get it finished, lol.

Wednesday's our quilt group meets at Joan's house for a day of sewing, eating, and laughing.  I like to post pictures of the great projects my quilting buddies make as inspiration for you, so here are the latest completions.
Susie's Hexi Quilt
the girls at work

Gail's house quilt
Sharon D's scrappy quilt
 Then on Thursday's my stitching group meets and they make some fabulous projects also.  I've been bad about showing you their projects, so here is a nice showing of their talents.
Linda's birdhouse WH
Lynne's blackwork herbal WH

Mary's wonky bunnies
Linda's flower quilt
Mary's storm at sea
Over at my ScrappyandHappy Yahoo group we've been doing a small quilt swap.  Annette in Las Vegas had my name and made me a gorgeous lap quilt in reds and tans.  I love it and can't wait for the weather to turn so I can start snuggling under it!
Don't you just love it?  I sure do!  Thanks so much, Annette, I will treasure this quilt always. 

I had Rebecca in California, who loves pink.  I showed you a few sneak peeks a while back of the small quilt I was making for her.  She has it now, so I can show you pictures of the finished product. 

front against the back
full view
hanging on my porch
This is my second completed  larger project since my shoulder replacement surgery, and I was happy with how it turned out, except for the binding.  I had to machine sew it down and unfortunately, the arm just does not work like it should yet, lol.  Hopefully, I'll get better with more practice.  But Rebecca says she love it, so as long as she's happy, so am I.

So until next time....

Happy quilting from Sharon and the marmalade kitties, Patsy Cline & Johnny Cash



No comments: