Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Martin Luther King Day



I recently joined Paula Stoddard's Block Party and am anxiously awaiting my first set of patterns. I don't know why I did it, since I already have 300 bazillion patterns that I'll never get made--even if I live to be 250 years old, lol, but I did it. Her patterns are so cute, and all the extras you get for such a low price--I just couldn't resist! And besides, she's kind enough to give us the free Seasons Sew Along patterns and now she's added a wonderful redwork BOM called "Love Is", it's only fair that we give something back to her. (And that's how I'm justifying buying more patterns, so there!)
Block 1 of the new BOM is up and just waiting for you to stitch, so stop over and get it while you can.

I ALMOST have my first OPAM project finished--it's a baby quilt for a friend's first grandbaby. Top is all done, now just the quilting and then the binding, and I can post my first finish. I'm happy if I can get one complete project done a month, since I do a lot of block swaps that don't count for OPAM. I figure any push to make me actually complete something is worthwhile.

And now Katie is pushing me to get back to the sewing machine and finish up those blocks I'm running behind on. Boy, she can be so pushy sometimes! She makes me work--and look at her!

Until next time...
Happy Quilting from Sharon and Katie

No comments: