Monday, January 19, 2009

MY MITTEN BLOCKS ARE DONE...

and were mailed out Friday. Since there's no mail today because of the Martin Luther King holiday,
we might just have our blocks all swapped and back to us by next week. I can't wait to see them all. I made 2 sets of 6 blocks, kept 1 and sent 5 on. Forgot to take pics of all of them, but here are the ones I kept and some extra ones. This was really fun to do and I practiced my buttonhole stitch on all the blocks. I left mine plain and didn't go in for any embellishments, but after I see what we get in the exchange, I may go back and add some buttons or ribbon trim to some of them. I have a free pattern from Quick Quilts magazine web site and another free one from the Quiltmaker magazine web site. Both patterns are cute and easy to do; I just have to see which one the blocks tell me to do.

Toni, the Quilting Pirate,
has started signups for her next Miniature Booty Swap Round 3. Only 25 participants this time, with a kitchen theme. So if you're interested, hurry over to her blog and sign up.

Stop in at Mary Quilts and see the picture of her Happy Block quilt. She also has a free tutorial here on how to make that quilt or a Twisted Happy Block quilt. I've been telling you for months how much fun it is to make these blocks, now check out the nice quilt they make. I'm adding pictures of my January HB's and my February HB's. They're so easy to make, you can't stop with just a few, lol.

The next project I have to start on is the St. Patrick's Day block swap on my Yahoo group, Quilted Angels. Those are due February 6th, so I have to get going on them. Anyone have any cute small applique patterns for the theme that they'd like to share? So far, I think I'll do a shamrock, a derby hat, a pipe, and a pot of gold. Need 2 more things, at least. I'd love a little leprechaun pattern, but so far I haven't found one I like that is not too complicated. The blocks are supposed to finish at 6 inches, and everything I've found has been way too big. I don't paper-piece yet, so that limits me in what I can do. If you have something to share, email me at quiltingmama20 at stny dot rr dot com.

In the meantime, I think I have just enough time to make a little Valentine's Day wallhanging.

I found another new site for you to check out. Quilter Blogs.com, where you can read dozens of quilting-related blogs from dozens of quilters in one place! Quilter Blogs scans the blogs in its database many times a day and displays snippets of the quilting-related blog on the updates page. They also feature a search engine for online quilt stores. You can search hundreds of sites for specific fabric, thread, quilt patterns, projects, and notions.

Until next time...
Happy Quilting,
Sharon and Katie

1 comment:

Toni said...

I love the graphic you used!! :)

Your blocks look wonderful!!