Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stitch and Bitch....



We had two birthdays to celebrate this month in my Stitch 'n Bitch group and my fire hall group, Donna G and Gail.  For their birthdays, we went out to lunch at an Italian restaurant and then on to the new quilt shop in our area,  The Witch's Stitches.  Lots of laughs and eating went on, but forgot my camera again, so sorry - no pics.

Some of us get to celebrate Gail's birthday again in the S 'n B group, so this time we're going to the best local Oriental restaurant in the city, Beijing Gardens.  We'll also be celebrating Carol M's birthday that day, so I'm looking forward to the shrimp and scallops in hot garlic sauce. Yum!  Afterwards we'll come back to my house for birthday cake and ice cream and presents!  I love presents!  (And birthday cake and ice cream, too, lol.)

Mary has been really busy this month, with several projects to show us at S 'n B.  She made the 1600 Strip quilt with a black and white jelly roll and it came out stunning.

Then she made the cutest witch's boot to put on her front door!  Of course, Patsy Cline had to check things out!
 
Mary showed us another of her fruits and veggies wall hangings - this one has a jar of dog bones with a doggie trying to get at them.  Too cute!
And I actually finished a stitching project this time!  It's going to be a gift, so I can't say for whom it's intended, but I wanted to post it just to show some people that I do eventually finish things, lol.
This was the very first (I think) First Friday Freebie that Kaaren at The Painted Quilt gave us.  It's only taken me 1 (or 2 ?) years to get it done.  Kaaren is a very talented lady from Nova Scotia, whose blog I follow.  She has lots of wonderful free designs on her blog and often show pictures of her gorgeous home.  You can follow her by email if you subscribe to her blog and believe me-it is worth it.  I love her creations.  Stop over and see her and tell her I sent you.

Until next time,
Happy quilting and Happy Halloween from Sharon, Patsy, and Johnny





No comments: