Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer swaps.....

are so much fun!  We've run two on my Quilted Table Yahoo Group so far.  Joan hosted a "Picnic Tables with Style" swap that resulted in some darling table toppers or runners from the swappers.  My friend, Mary, entered this one and made the cutest napkin to go with it!


Joan made this cute watermelon runner
and Robin made one with a couple of ants in a basket! 

There were more cute ones to see, but you'll have to join our group and check out the fun for yourself!

Our other swap was a Summer Mug Rug Swap.  Those are crossing in the mail now, but I received mine from Kim yesterday.  The mug rug is so cute - reminds me of the lakes around here, with all the sailboats in the summer breezes. I used to go out on the lake in the boat and fish, but I was never very lucky. Whatever I caught was always too small and I had to throw it back in, lol. This mug rug brings back sweet memories.

I went back to the doctor's last Monday, and my fracture is healing good and filling in the spot where the plate buckled my shoulder after my fall.  Doc Kristen is pleased and sent me back to physical therapy with Bobbie.  So Tuesday's and Thursday's I will be back trying to get my reverse total shoulder replacement back in tip-top working order!  Yuck!  I'm sweating already!  Where did I put those pain pills, lol?

Since I can start doing things again, I signed up for a small quilt/throw swap in my ScrappyandHappy group.  I cut my fabric (thank goodness I can cut left-handed, also) Wednesday.  Then started sewing.  Got my 4-patches and HST's done. 



On Thursday I started putting it together.  I think I like it--but can't keep it.  It has to go to my swap partner in ?????  Got my top together and picked a border.  Tomorrow I'll get that sewn on and the back made.  Then off to be quilted by my friend, Jane at Blackberry Acres Longarm Quilting, who does gorgeous machine quilting. Here's a peek - hope my swappee doesn't see it. 





That's all for today.  Until next time...

Happy quilting from Sharon, Patsy Cline, and Johnny Cash






1 comment:

Valspierssews said...

The swap runners and mug rugs look fantastic. I also love your latest quilt fabrics.
valspierssews@gmail.com
valspierssews.blogspot.com