Saturday, July 14, 2012

A few of my friends...

and I went on a bus trip to the Vermont Quilt Festival a couple of weekends ago.   It was an exhausting trip, but we had a great time.  Between all of us, we brought back lots of  fabric and patterns that we hadn't seen before.  But  besides the shopping was the display of beautiful quilts we saw.  These are a few of them.















This one makes me want to get started on my 30's quilt.

This one had gorgeous hand quilting.
This guy had a dimentional sleeve with a knife on his arm.


This was really neat-a honey comb full of bees.
See the close-up below.
 

There were lots more quilts, but by the time we had to get to the bus, this picture about sums it all up for most of us, lol.


So until next time,
Happy quilting from Sharon, Katie, & Patsy Cline

3 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Hi, Sharon ... I went to the VQF for the first time this year with my hubby and we had a wonderful time. Shucks, had I known you were going maybe we could have met and enjoyed the quilts togther. I actually bought more fabric goodies at the quilt shop we visited along the way, but they did nave some very tempting displays ... and sew many beautiful quilts! Your pictures came out much better than ours. We will definitely try to go again next year. Well worth the long drive ... :) Pat

Lynda said...

I love quilt trips and quilt shows. Always inspirational. I tried to pick my favorite from your pictures but finally gave up....they were all so beautiful. Love the "exhausted man" at the end of the show.

Calicojoan said...

How fun! Nothing beats a bus trip with a bunch of crazy ole quilters. We drove our driver nuts a few years back when we went of a 4 state shop hop. Great photos. Wish I had been there!