Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What a wonderful Christmas....



we had at our home.  Dinner with the family here--my gravy turned out great! (I'm gravy challenged, lol, 'cause my mother always made it so I  never had to learn).  Lots to eat, so we never did have dessert. 
Got to talk to my grandson on the phone.  He lives outside San Francisco now, with a wonderful new job, but it's our first Christmas without him.  He received his gift from us okay and loved it when he opened it.  I made him a Philadelphia Eagles quilt for his bed. 
I wasn't sure if it would fit or not, but he took this picture with his phone and says it fits fine.  He bought a new bed frame when he moved and it was just delivered the other day, so he spent his Christmas Day putting it together.  Unfortunately, it's too small, so he'll still be sleeping on the floor, lol, but at least he'll be under a nice, new quilt.


 DD liked her new Christmas quilt, too. We learned the pattern at one of our quilt club's Sunday sew-a-thon's at the fire hall. It's called the 10 minute block and is similar to a cathedral window block.





I'm going to make myself one with Moda's Cattails and Clover layer cakes with smaller blocks.  Maybe I'll even get it done in the next year. 

This year I participated in Chookyblue's Secret Santa Christmas Swap again (my fourth year).  This is the only swap I do at Christmas now because I've never been disappointed in the swaps I've received.  Someone in Australia always has my name and I've received the most beautiful gifts.  I've held off posting the "ornament" we can open as soon as our package arrives, hoping for snow--but all we've had in the past week is rain.  Usually the "ornie" is supposed to be hung on your tree so you can anticipate your Christmas gift.  But this year, Bec had my name, and her "ornie" just kept growing.  So instead of hanging it on my tree, lol, I had to hang it on my front door for everyone to see!  Here it is hanging on my wall the day I received it.

Isn't it the most gorgeous thing you've ever seen?  I love it!  And it hangs perfectly on my front door and is protected by the whole glass frame.  If it ever stops raining, I'll try to post another picture of it on the door, so you can see how great it looks.  It makes me smile looking at it.


 And on top of that, the "real" present she made me is a gorgeous table runner that makes me think of summer and the beach. The colors are beautiful and so is the quilting on it.


 



Thanks, Bec, I love them both!   You're a great SSCS swapper!

I sent my SSCS package to Fiona in Australia. She let me know she was very happy with her package, also. I'm glad, because looking at her blog, you can see she is a very talented lady. Here is the bag and the goodies I sent to her.  Of course, Katie has to do her quality control check before anything can be shipped out.





Stop in at Fiona's blog and look at all the lovely items she has made, you won't be disappointed.

Until next time...
from Sharon, Katie, and Patsy Cline

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Bec sure did get carried away with that "little" ornament..........lovely runner she made too...........and you also sent beautiful gifts too Fiona....thanks for being part of the SSCS for the 4th time...........

Rebecca P said...

What wonderful gifts you received. Love the bag you made for your SS.
My kitties have to inspect things too.
Happy New Year to you.

Lynda said...

That was some "little" ornament! What a fun swap you had with Fiona too. That bag you made is really nice. I'm sure she will enjoy it.