Monday, December 27, 2010

I hope your Christmas


I hope your Christmas or other holiday was as happy as mine. We were lucky that all the kids and grandkids were here for Christmas Day and most for Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve is usually all finger/snacky foods-shrimp, 3 kinds of meatballs, cheese and crackers, chips and dips, mozzerella sticks, fudge, ham and cheese sandwiches, and anything else the kids find in the fridge not scheduled to be part of Christmas Day's dinner. Then Christmas Day we have Thanksgiving all over again. Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, cranberry sauce, several veggies, and a number of different sweet breads and rolls. The only difference in menu is on Christmas we usually have cheesecake or a fancy chocolate mousse cake--no pumpkin pie. We all eat til we're stuffed and then the men do the dishes. I love that part of it.

This year I tried to make all my gifts and was fairly successful. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures as I finished, so unless DD remembers to take them later, I'm out of luck.

For DGD, I made a jumbo tote in blues and greens for her to carry her soccer gear in or to use as a weekender bag. Regretably, the only pics I have are of Patsy playing in it. Good thing she's so cute, or I wouldn't even have them, lol.

For some of my quilty friends I made paper-pieced mug mats to go along with new hot chocolate mugs. I love paper-piecing, now that I know how to do it. It seems like it takes me forever to get a piece done, but it's so much fun! I made this Christmas tree for Mary, and a Gingerbread boy for Carol M, a Diamond Pane for Lynne, and a snowman for my Secret Pal, Ann.

I made up this little bag for a young friend who wanted a purse for Christmas, and added a built-in pen holder. She was so happy with it, I was glad I took the time to make it for her.

Since I did get some gifts made this year, my goal for next year is to finish up as many of my UFO's as possible, so I can give them as gifts in 2011. I've corrected my UFO list to reflect some of the older things I've found hidden away in boxes and bags in my sewing room. Now I just have to get to work on them and try NOT to get involved in too many new things this year. Yeah, sure!! (Well, there's always hope, ya' know, lol!)

Until next time...
Happy Quilting from Sharon and Katie and Patsy Cline (otherwise known as the Devil kitty!)

No comments: