Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Decisions! Decisions! Decisions!


Well, I finally made my choices for the StashBusters Burger Queen Mystery Quilt! After looking at everyone else's block and fabric choices and changing my mind three times...LOL I finally went back to my original choice of the Maple Leaf block from Marcia Hohn's Quilt Blocks Galore. I chose assorted fall colors to make scrappy blocks in different colors. Katie had to have her say, of course, but she finally agreed that these colors were okay with her!
So I guess these will be my final choices. My background fabric is small rust flowers on a light cream with my plain large border the darker green. The end fabric is really a dark red tone-on-tone but is showing up more rust-colored in the picture, but I really love the dark purple I threw in. If I run out of my focus fabrics, I'll have to head back to my stash and choose some more, but that's the beauty of a "scrappy" look. No one knows if you planned it that way or you ran out and had to make substitutions.
Tonight I'll finish cutting my blocks and tomorrow I'll start sewing. Clue 3 came out today and I can't get too far behind!

I also have to get back to my Disappearing 9-patch and get cutting my scrappy quilt for Soldier's Angels. Maybe I'll cut that tonight after I finish my Burger Queen blocks. Nothing on TV anymore, so I might as well keep busy.

Until next time, happy quilting!

Sharon

No comments: