Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Stuff....

I've spent that last few days since I recovered my blog trying to clean it up.  I've removed all the links on the sidebars to old swaps and BOMs and quilt-alongs.  You can still find the info on those if you go through my older posts, if they're still available, but it's time for the new stuff to be added.

I've been slowly adding in the links for a lot of new, wonderful BOMs for 2015.  I think there are a lot more of what I call "fancy" applique this year.  "Fancy" designs are usually beautiful floral designs that make gorgeous additions to your walls or beds - beautiful things to fill our homes with.  Reeze Hanson at Morning Glory Designs has one of these that I call "fancy" applique BOMs starting.
It's called Deco Gardens and can be done as a free BOM or kits can be purchased.  Check out the info on her blog.

Sindy at Fat Cat Patterns is adding another BOM for 2015 called  Gingerbread Party.  It's what I call a "fun" BOM - the designs are cute and whimsical and just make you smile.
 I love her designs and have CDs from her filled with her "fun" and "fancy" designs.  While you check this new one out, don't forget to download the January block from last year's BOM Penguin Cheer.  That one goes until February of this year. 

Now that my blog is back again, I have to remember to take my camera with me when I meet with my sewing and stitching groups, so I can show you all the great projects my friends complete.  Donna G had a darling mini wallhanging on Wednesday at sewing, but I had nothing to take a picture with, so I hope she brings it to the Fire Hall on Sunday so I can get a pic then.

Here's a pic of the pillows I made my DGS for Christmas.  They match the quilt I made him at GTG 2011. 


They're all made with his favorite team fabric, the Philadelphia Eagles.  It's so ironic that he would pick that team as "his", because his mother was born in Philly when we were stationed right outside there when hubby was in the Navy and was a patient at the Philadelphia Naval Hospital.  We spent almost 2 years in that area, but haven't been back since, but who knows how or why boys choose their favorite teams, lol.

Until next time...
Happy quilting from Sharon and the marmalade kitties, Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash


No comments: