Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I'm Back....

In case you've wondered where I've been, I have to say I HATE GOOGLE!  LOL.  In May I had my computer changed over to Windows 7 from my beloved Win98.  I posted pics in June of my quilting retreat ok and then tried to learn all the new things in Windows 7.  Well, Google seems to have taken over my computer then, because everything was Google this, Google that.  Home pages gone, log-ons gone, every time I tried to do something, I couldn't find it!  So frustrating.  On top of that, I had always used Outlook Express for email and I loved it.  Tons of folders to store things--Gone with the new Windows 7 Live Mail !  I even had to add a new gmail address for my military group, because I was having so much trouble with the Windows Live Mail.  Took me forever to get on board with that, and still I don't like it and can't figure simple things like the calendar out. UGGHHHH!

So, two days ago I thought I'd better check in with my gmail account and see if anything was happening there.  Well, Google wouldn't let me in without adding a mobile tel #.  I refused but could not figure how to get into that gmail account--the same request page kept coming up.  I finally went into the Google profile and fiddled around with that for a while but couldn't seem to get any results.  So I got mad and asked to delete that Google profile.  IT told me if I did that I could never get that stuff back--but I was so upset at this point that I didn't care--I deleted it. 

And guess what?  The minute that took affect, I could click on my gmail account and it opened right up.  No problems.  I kept going in and out several times just to make sure and it's still ok.  Then I clicked on my link for my old home page of this blog----and HEAVEN FORBID !!!! ---IT OPENED RIGHT UP.  No problems.  I was able to go all around my blog and back several times.  And today it opened right up again.

I have no idea if this will last, (or even what I did) but I will try to start updating my blog and see what happens.  The first things I'll try to do is show you some of the new BOM's for 2015.  I've seen some really nice ones so far.  So check back again tomorrow and see if I really am back, lol.

Until then....
Happy quilting from Sharon and the kitties, Patsy Cline and Johnny Cash

2 comments:

Calicojoan said...

If this internet stuff doesn't kill us, it will make us stronger! LOL!! Glad to see you back. :-)

Scrapatches said...

Good to see you back! ... :) Pat