Monday, July 12, 2010

Here are the pics....

of the quilts I wrote about last time. This is Bre's Scooby Doo quilt that we made so long ago. She was happy to finally have it--even though it's flannel and was in the 90's when she got it!

And this is the quilt Mary pieced and gave to me, then I finished it and gave it to Bre for her birthday. Everyone loved the colors and Bre said it's going right on her bed. Then Grampa had to hold it up for a picture. Then Bre and Gramma had to be wrapped up in it. This is a closeup of the front. And this is the wonky, sparkly back. I'd say we all (Mary, Jane (who quilted it) and me) did a great job!

I finally got my Easter Egg Swap blocks done and mailed. Here is how I did mine. At least I'm not the last one to get them done, lol. There's still one more set I haven't received yet. But none of us were planning on having this for this year anyway--we knew that would be impossible. So I hope to have the quilt done for next Easter.

Here are pics of the blocks I did for the Q&N group charity quilts this month.



And these are the blocks that came to me to piece the top for this month. We take turns piecing the blocks, piecing the tops together, and quilting and binding them. Since I don't have a longarm, I only make blocks and piece the tops together. The Quilt and Needle Forum has a great group of ladies in it. You should check us out some day.

That's all for now, because I'm trying to get all caught up because we leave for our Quilt Club quilting retreat next Wed. in Canton, Ohio. So until next time........

Happy Quilting from Sharon and Katie

1 comment:

Northern Deb said...

Love the flying geese quilt, Sharon... that would be a great one for the summer strip swap pieces! I'm doing a back like that on one of my quilts. It makes it so much more interesting than just one fabric plus a great way to use up more of our stashes ;)